This week I am using telephone wire again.
I guess now that everything is wireless we do not have such a need for telephone cables and, this week, I still had lots left after making baskets with them last week, and the week before. Like last week I stripped these down to reveal several multicoloured wires.
As I was pleased with last week’s basket I decided to use the same random weave style. I wanted to refine my technique and see if I could control the shape to make it wider and shallower. I also decided to be more selective with the coloured wires I used and went for a ‘rasta’ feel with red, yellow, green, and black.
The result was indeed shallower and wider, and also accidentally ended up with an interesting kidney bean shape!